The Right Medication
Medication adherence, or the extent to which individuals take their medications, is the key to successful drug therapy. It has been found that the more complex the medication regimen is, the lower the adherence. Studies have shown that up to half of prescription medications are not taken properly.
At Preferred Pharmacy, we offer blister packaging services for our clients. Medications are packaged into easy-to-use weekly cards. Blister Packs system organized so that the correct medication is taken at the correct time each day.
For each day of the week, the medications are packaged into four convenient time slots: morning, noon, evening, and bedtime. We also offer a Single Blister Pack system for patients taking all the medications once a day. In addition, we offer special packaging for blind and deaf & blind.
When a patient chooses to have their medications blister-packaged, the pharmacist reviews doctors' orders to ensure that tablets are packaged in the appropriate time slots and that there are no drug interactions. This review occurs each time blister packs are prepared and when new medications are added to the regimen.
At The Right Time. The Right Dose. No More Confusion
Patients can choose to either pick up their blister packs, or have them delivered on a weekly, biweekly, or on a monthly basis. These deliveries and pick-ups are automatically scheduled so that medications are ready the day before the next set of blister packages are scheduled to start!
The benefits of blister packages for the patient and/or caregiver are many and include:
- SAFETY: The patient gets the correct medication at the proper time. No double dosing or missed doses. Blister packaging saves lives.
- ADHERENCE: It is easy to see if the medications were taken and if there were any missed doses.
- PROFESSIONAL MONITORING: Our professional pharmacy staff fills every blister pack and automatically reminds patients when their next refill is due.
- CONVENIENCE: No more organizing your medications on your own. No more guessing when to take your medications.
A blister packaging system is a good solution for patients who want to ensure that they are taking their medications correctly, especially:
- Patients taking 3+ medications multiple times per day
- Seniors on maintenance medications
- Patients unable to administer medications to themselves and/or are being cared for by a family member or caregiver
- Patients with memory impairment
If you would like to start using blister packs, speak with our pharmacy team member today!